If there is one thing that is guaranteed to make meal preparation easier, it’s a food processor. Food processors do all the jobs that a lot of us hate, like mixing, blending, chopping, and shredding. Preparing raw fruits and vegetables often takes a considerable amount of time, even more so if you are eating lots of different things. Using a food processor saves you time and effort.
Some food processors are very big and complicated. While this is usually because of the number of functions on offer, not everyone wants or needs such a big kitchen appliance. For the rest of us, there is an increasing number of compact and mini food processors. These appliances aren’t as versatile as the full-sized versions, but they are invariably a lot cheaper.
With so many models to choose from, it can be hard to know where to start. Here are five of the best mini food processors around, all of which are available on Amazon.com.
1. Gourmia GMS9280 Mini Slicer
Mini food processors don’t come much cheaper or easy to use than the Gourmia GMS9280 Mini Slicer. It’s great for dicing, mincing, and crushing garlic, onions, tomatoes, fruit, nuts, herbs, vegetables, and more. Available in three sizes, two cups, four cups, and six cups, this versatile gadget is a real kitchen helper.
- String pull operation – no electricity required
- All plastic parts are BPA-free
- Airtight container for hygienic storage of prepared food
The Mini Slicer by Gourmia is super-simple to use. Pull the string 5-6 times to roughly dice your fruit or veggies, pull it 7-12 times for medium coarseness, or 20 or more times for a smooth liquid puree.
- Small and compact
- Quiet to use
- Use anywhere – even when camping or during a power cut
- Safe and easy to use
- Limited number of functions
- Not strong enough for very hard vegetables
If you need a simple mini food processor for small or occasional meal preparation, this cheap but functional gadget is a good choice. The small 2-cup version is ideal for solo diners, whereas the larger 6-cup model would be better for couples and families.
2. Proctor Silex 72500RY Durable Mini Food and Vegetable Chopper
The Proctor Silex 72500RY Durable Mini Food and Vegetable Chopper lives up to its name. It’s small, and it chops vegetables – and fruit too. This electrically-powered mini food processor will make quick work of your food chopping tasks and won’t break the bank doing it.
- 1.5 or 3.0 cup capacity
- Dishwasher-safe bowl and lid
- 300-watt motor
- Start, stop, and pulse controls
If you are prepping food for one or two people, the Proctor Silex 72500RY Durable Mini Food and Vegetable Chopper will make quick work of your veggies and fruits. Powered by a 300-watt motor, this mini kitchen machine is up to even the toughest chopping jobs. Using it will save you a lot of food preparation time.
- Compact design
- Easy to dismantle and wash
- Very budget-friendly
- Suitable for all fruit and vegetable chopping tasks
- Noisy in use
- Some users report that the bowl is prone to cracking
The Proctor Silex 72500RY Durable Mini Food and Vegetable Chopper is a no-frills mini food processor but what it does do, it does very well. If you are short on space but still need a food processor to make meal prepping easier and quicker, this small appliance can help.
3. MIGECON Kitchen Manual Food Processor
Where most mini food processors have just one blade and limited functionality, the MIGECON Kitchen Manual Food Processor has three blades which means it can do more than just chop. According to the manufacturers, this device will also blend, mix, and stir, making it a useful addition to your kitchen armory.
- Hand crank operation – no electricity required
- Large 6-cup capacity
- Clear mixing bowl
- Sharp and strong stainless-steel blades
- Suction cups on base for added stability
Mini food processors don’t get any easier to use than this. Just crank the handle slowly to stir, mix or roughly chop your food, or turn it faster to chop finely or blend. Perfect for making a range of raw vegan meals, including raw soups, fruit juices, salads, and salsas. This mini food processor is small and light and won’t take up much room in your kitchen when not in use.
- More versatile than some other mini food processors
- Very quiet in use
- Easy to use, clean, and carry
- Not strong enough to chop very hard food items
This simple, cost-effective mini food processor is a good alternative to electric food processors. It’s quick to set up and simple to use, and it’s ideal for small chopping jobs and general food preparation. If you only need a food processor for light or occasional use, this device would make a good choice.
4. KitchenAid KFC3516WH 3.5 Cup Food Chopper
This small but powerful mini food processor will chop your veggies quickly and effortlessly. Available in 18 eye-catching colors, you can buy the one that best matches your kitchen. The KitchenAid KFC3516WH 3.5 Cup Food Chopper is small and compact so that it won’t take up too much space in your kitchen. However, the 3.5 cup capacity work bowl means it’s big enough for couples and even families.
- 2 speed settings plus pulse feature
- BPA-free, dishwasher safe work bowl
- Super-sharp stainless-steel blades
- Lid port for easy adding of ingredients
- Removable blade for easy cleaning
With its small but powerful motor, the KitchenAid KFC3516WH 3.5 Cup Food Chopper can handle even tough chopping and dicing jobs. It will make smooth raw sauces and soups, as well as shred your veggies for salads. Compact but sturdy, this mini food processor is perfect for everyday use.
- Powerful motor for smooth, fast results
- Easy to use
- Variably speeds for customizable results
- Small and compact for easy storage
- Some users report the capacity is only two cups, and not 3.5
- Lid prone to leaking if the bowl is over-filled
With its tiny footprint, the KitchenAid KFC3516WH 3.5 Cup Food Chopper won’t take up lots of space on your kitchen counter. However, despite its compact size, it will save you time and energy when prepping vegetables and soups. Because it’s so small, you’ll have no problem finding somewhere to store it, and its simple design means this processor is ready to use in seconds and easy to use.
5. Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor
The Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor is a compact food processor capable of big things. It’s 24-ounce/3-cup capacity means it can handle small to medium-sized food prep tasks, and will comfortably process most soft and hard foods, from chopping to grinding.
- Auto-reverse action for more processing options
- Touchpad controls for easy operation
- Dishwasher safe removable parts
- Dual-edged blade for chopping and mixing
- BPA-free clear plastic mixing bowl
- Lid port for easy addition of ingredients
Available in three colors, the Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor is a very versatile mini food processor. It’s auto-reverse action mean you can chop and then mix or mix and then chop without removing the blades. With two speed settings, you can mix, chop, or blend a wide range of ingredients, making food preparation quick and easy.
- Compact design
- Easy to disassemble and clean
- Comes supplied with a spatula and instruction/recipe book
- Competitively priced
- Loud motor
- Not powerful enough for fine grinding
- Prone to overheating if used for too long
The Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor might look like a full-sized food processor, but it’s important to remember it’s a mini, with a small motor and limited functionality. If you are looking for a real food processor at a budget price, this isn’t it. But, if you want a compact, well-priced kitchen gadget to chop fruits and veggies, make soups, or blend smoothie, this product will do the job.
Mini food processors make jobs like chopping and blending much easier. They are compact so they won’t take up too much space in your kitchen – either during use or in storage. But which is the best mini food processor for you?
Manual food processors are cheap and easy to use, and ideal for chopping soft fruits and veggies. They are very quiet to use and are reliable too; there isn’t much that can go wrong with them.
Electrically powered mini food processors are more powerful and can cope with tougher food prepping jobs. They tend to be noisier to use, but they also require no effort from the user. Just push a button and they’ll get to work.
When choosing a food processor, always consider the size of the work bowl; they range from 1.5 cups up to six cups. Make sure your chosen product is big enough to accommodate the amount of food you want to process.
Whichever min food processor you choose, your purchase will help make raw vegan food prep much faster and easier.